PARENTS: Join our parents support page on Facebook.
The Women's March on Washington (WMW) is proud to launch its WMW Youth Ambassador program specifically targeting the activism, interests and unique perspectives of our child, adolescent and teenage populations. We aim to provide a platform of civic engagement where our youth can make their voices heard.
Find out more about our 28 youth Ambassadors here.
Youth Ambassador Judges:
WMW Youth Ambassadors
WMW Youth Ambassadors are rock-star youth who are inspiring their communities through advocacy and activism. They are not waiting to grow up to "be the change". They are the change and deserve a place at the table. They have distinct voices and are exemplary leaders in their communities. We call on young defenders of human rights to join us as we stand behind the WMW Youth Initiative's principles:
1) Fight against forces of evil, not persons doing evil.
2) Our diversities are the strength of this country.
3) Nonviolence is a way of life for courageous people.
4) Community is the framework for the future. Engagement is crucial.
5) Honor the champions of human rights, dignity, and justice who have come before us.
6) Honor our community by first honoring and respecting ourselves.
7) We have the power to change the future.
Areas of advocacy can include but are not limited to:
Health & Wellness
Role of WMW Youth Ambassador
The Women's March on Washington Youth Initiative seeks to create a diverse group of people 18 and under from various backgrounds, races, states, schools, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, religions and gender identifications. WMW Ambassadors are the young voices and faces of the WMW both in their respective communities and on a national scale. We aim to create an example of what America can look like if we join our voices together to make our concerns heard. WMW Youth Ambassadors should be ready and able to be interviewed about their passions. No travel is required and we encourage submissions from all over the world.